Photobucket

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers




Friday, June 09, 2006

Chubba-Wubba!

Traci has been sick with a sinus infection and an ear infection for the last week, so I (Ira) have been at home taking care of Landon, to make sure he doesn't get sick as well. I took him to a routine doctor appointment yesterday, and our suspicions were confirmed, he is still quite big for his age!

If you've been reading our blog for a while now, you know that, contrary to popular belief, age seems to be a relative term. After struggling with pregnancy math and trying to adjust his age for prematurity (his birth age minus six weeks), the doctors have thrown us another mathematical curve ball. Though he is now just under 5 months birth age, and just over 3 months gestational age, the doctors are adjusting him to 4 months, because...our pediatrician saw him for the first time 4 months ago (I'm guessing this is their reasoning, no explanations have been offered).

Funky baby math aside, Landon is now 17 pounds 6 ounces! This is 90-95th percentile (for a 4 month old). He is 27 inches long (97th percentile), and his head measures 44cm around (90th percentile)!

Four months ago, we were worried that Landon was too small for his carseat, but now the doctor tells me he will outgrow it at 29 inches!

As big as he is, he still behaves much more like a 3 month old than a 5 month old. He still doesn't roll over regularly, but he is smiling a LOT more, and yesterday, he laughed for the first time! We are still swaddling him in his Miracle Blanket, but he keeps struggling his way out of it and waking himself up a couple times each night. Overall, though, we're excited to see him growing up, and parenting is certainly much more fun now than it was a couple of months ago!

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I remember Faith being in the 100th percentile for head size.. I think? I thought - wow, so no baby has a bigger head. Nice. I thought she was going to be massive with all of those 90/100 stats, but she's leveling out - whew. First laugh - yay!! It all gets more complex, more interesting, more heartwarming and more fun!!

Faith has an ear/sinus infection right now too!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Connor was a chunk too. There is nothing cuter than chubby babies. Wow, I don't know how you guys can keep up with all of the different ways to figure Landon's age. Parenting is confusing enough as it is!

Traci, hope you feel better soon. I actually have a sinus infection myself, but my husband is out of town for the weekend, so I am suffering by myself with a less than cooperative 2 year old.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home