Photobucket

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers




Sunday, April 23, 2006

Living up to it's name

Landon has been sleeping an average of 7-8 hours per night ever since we purchased The Amazing Miracle Blanket . I really wish that we would have found it SO MUCH sooner! He was getting strong enough to wriggle out of the poor swaddling that we were doing on our own, (even after watching the The Happiest Baby on the Block dvd) but his little premature brain (that hasn't quite yet caught up to his strong body) couldn't figure out how to not knock himself in the head with his hands and wake himself up with the most horrible scared cry. He also gets swaddled in it for a 2-1/2-3 hour nap every afternoon. According to Dr. Karp (author of The Happiest Baby on the Block) some babies may need to be swaddled for sleeping up to six or nine months of age. Hey, whatever it takes! I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but he has been much less fussy lately and has some of the sweetest, hugest smiles first thing in the mornings now, (after he's eaten of course!)

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Hey - I remember reading that Happiest Toddler on the Block book! I don't remember what it's about now, or how I applied it (my brain is pretty fried since a year has past) but I do have a very happy toddler!!

I could never figure out how to effectively do that burrito baby wrapping business. :)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear sleeping is going better. He's growing so much! You're doing a great job with your boy. It's nice to know the General Hospital legacy continues. :) Lot's of love,

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home