Photobucket

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers




Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Santa Fever

Santa - I realize this is late, but I figured that some of you would still like to see Landon's photo with Santa. We didn't receive it in the mail until after Christmas. Grandma Joanne, Mommy and Landon went to see Santa on Wednesday the 20th. We stood in line for about an hour with many other impatient children. Landon managed to wait it out the entire time in his stroller, eating breakfast and playing with toys, but mostly just kicking off his new black wingtip shoes...over and over and over again. I finally just put them in the diaper bag and shoved them on him right before they sat him in Santa's lap. I really didn't know what to expect as far as Landon liking Santa. I actually never know what to expect with that boy! He's not what I would call shy, but it takes him a little while to warm up to people - then he's all over you! Well it didn't take much warming time as far as Santa was concerned. Landon just kept staring at him with this funny grin on his face. They managed to get a pretty good shot, I think. After the photo was taken, I stepped in to take Landon and the Santa just kept saying, "I can't believe that he likes me so much. The babies this age never like me. They always scream and cry." All as Landon just kept staring at him. He told him, "Landon you are such a good boy. Santa will bring you lots of presents on Christmas." Then he tried to hand him a candy cane, but Landon wasn't interested. My Mom told him that he was such a great Santa, so he gave her a candy cane too for the compliment! The only negative aspect of the whole outing...this was apparently where Landon picked up a cold just in time for Christmas. Which brings us to our latest issue...

Fever - Landon starting getting his cold a couple of days after visiting Santa. His mood wasn't the greatest, but the cold didn't seem too severe. He just had a little runny nose with each sneeze. He was enough better by Christmas Eve evening that we didn't worry too much about taking him out and seemed even a little better by Christmas Day, albeit tired and a little cranky. He seemed over it by Tuesday, and we were feeling pretty fortunate. Then came Wednesday. I had a feeling something was wrong because he just had no patience for anything the entire day. I figured, "Oh great, is he teething AGAIN!?" Then in the evening he didn't want to eat and instead of getting down and playing at usual lightening speed, he laid down on the floor and rested. Well that stopped me dead in my tracks, because I've never seen the boy not moving while awake (well unless he's in a trance listening to a song he loves). He's either full speed or asleep. I picked him up and felt his head and I could definitely tell that he had a fever. It was over 101 degrees. He just laid in my arms as still as could be and kind of whimpered and whined. Later that night it got up to 103 degrees. Landon had never had a fever before. I realize that 103 isn't extremely high for a child, but I have to say it pretty much scared me to death. It finally started coming down with Tylenol. It was under 100 degrees when we took him to the doctor the next day. The fever stayed for a few days longer, but now appears gone. He still acts like he doesn't feel all that well, but appears to be on the road to recovery. Then I got really sick...(unrelated to Landon's illness, probably aggrivated by the stress).

So the New Year is off to a bang...Let's hope for good health in '07! Now I need to hurry and get well so I can plan a birthday party! Happy New Year everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait - when is his birthday again? Is that the party you're planning?

I'm sorry he's sick - that damned Santa and his germ laden lap!! I hope Landon gets well soon. I'm going back to lay down with Faith in a second myself.

Happy New Year to all of you. I have truly enjoyed watching your first baby turn into a little boy. What a miracle - thank you for sharing it with us.

And hugs to Colby from Nate!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger traciandira said...

Holli - Yes, that is THE big party! Landon will be one on the 16th.

And Colby was 3 yesterday the first!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home