Off the charts...
Landon had a well baby check up with his pediatrician today. He is doing very well and is currently 12lbs 90z and 24 inches tall!!! He is in the 85th percentile for weight and the 80th percentile for height, and that is not corrected for his prematurity! Based on his due date (February 26th) he is completely off the charts. I made certain with the pediatrician that we aren't feeding him too much and she reassured me that we aren't and that he is just working hard to catch up to all the January (full term) babies and was probably meant to be a big boy anyway. (I am still pumping breastmilk for him and supplementing with formula) She said "How tall is your husband?" I answered, "6'3"." "Well that's it, he's going to be like his Daddy," she said. Well we can see that he's not taking after his shorty Mom. She also assured me that his "fussy" stage should be coming to an end very soon, and that the "sweet, squealing boy" that she was seeing during the appointment is his true personality and would be taking over anytime. He was also very good after he had to have not 1...2...3...but 4 shots in his poor little legs! He screamed out very loudly but then quieted right down. We're also going to try and work on moving his schedule around so he is going to bed earlier at night. It appears that no matter what time he eats at night he wakes up at 4 am! That would be fine if he was going to bed at 8 or 9, but he usually won't fall asleep until around 11 pm or later some nights. He has also graduated to sleeping in his crib at night, no longer sleeping in his bassinet in our bedroom. He has got to be the NOISIEST sleeper! I had no idea that a baby could be so noisy. He is grunting, groaning, squealing, and crying out in this sleep continually through the night. I am such a light sleeper that I woke up with every noise he made. After he came home from the hospital I put away the ear plugs I had begun wearing every night since Ira and I got married. That didn't last very long. There was no way I could sleep between hearing Ira's heaving breathing, Colby snoring in his crate, and Landon's various noises. So suffice it to say even with my ear plugs firmly in place, I can hear Landon cry from his bedroom next to ours. I think life will seem much brighter when we can all get a full night's sleep!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home